Certified Internal Auditor (CIA®)
The Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) designation is the only globally accepted certification for internal auditors and remains the standard by which individuals demonstrate their competency and professionalism in the internal auditing field.
The CIA examination is authored, administered and accredited by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), an international professional association that is recognized worldwide as the Internal Audit profession’s leader in certification, education, research and technological guidance.
Florida Atlantic University is proud to offer a comprehensive instructor-led program based on the IIA’s CIA Learning System in partnership with the IIA and its Palm Beach County Chapter.
Florida Atlantic University’s CIA® program prepares qualified students for the CIA Certification from the IIA. The program follows the IIA’s recommended curriculum and is based on the CIA Learning System*.
- Format: Saturday | On Campus or Live Virtual
- Dates: Apr. 24 - Jul. 10, 2021
- Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
(Parts I, II/ III)
- Hours: 70
- Sessions: 10
- Location: On Campus or Live Virtual
- Fee: $2,200.00/*$2,100
*With proof local South Florida IIA chapter membership
*Course content reflects the general body of knowledge tested by The IIA CIA examination. Although The IIA recommends using The IIA CIA Learning System course as a tool for study of the CIA body of knowledge, this course of study can in no way guarantee or ensure an individual’s success on The IIA CIA certification exams.
CIA® Certification Examination
The CIA exam is highly sought after not only by potential auditors, but also by executives, risk managers, security specialists and process improvement professionals. When professionals successfully pass the CIA certification exam, they expand their career options and potential. The CIA certification has received widespread recognition as a prestigious certification with the following benefits:
The CIA certification demonstrates that an individual understands and is able to apply leading practices related to:
- Business strategy
- Risk management
- Process Improvement
- Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Analysis
…all of which are critical skills needed in order to meet today’s challenging business environments.
- The CIA is the only globally recognized certification for Internal Auditors which allows CIAs to work in a variety of environments, industries, and international jurisdictions.
- Individuals with the CIA earn an average of $38,000 more annually than those without the certification.
- Course attendees will have access to top experts in the field, including leaders from both the IIA Palm Beach and IIA Miami chapters.
Below is a brief overview of the new structure and content:
PART 1: ESSENTIAL OF INTERNAL AUDIT
- Foundation of Internal Auditing
- Independence and Objectivity
- Proficiency and Due Professional Care
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Governance, Risk Management and Control
- Fraud Risks
PART 2: PRACTICE of INTERNAL AUDITING
- Managing the Internal Audit Activity
- Planning the Engagement
- Preforming the Engagement
- Communicating Engagement Results and Monitoring Progress
PART 3: BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE for INTERNAL AUDITING
- Business Acumen
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Financial Management
FAU will begin supporting the 3-Part CIA Exam in Spring 2019 and using The NEW IIA’s CIA Learning System for the 3-part CIA exam (version 6.0). Our expert instructors will lead you through the entire global CIA exam syllabus in a structured and interactive environment to ensure you understand and can apply the critical CIA topics.
- Comprehensive,instructor-led program taught by auditing professionals
- Traditional, live classroom instruction and includes the NEW IIA’s CIA Learning System for the 3-part CIA exam printed materials and interactive online review tools.
- Courses incorporate in-class, online and independent study tools and activities.