Six Sigma Black Belt Online
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Black Belts are able to initiate and lead defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization while providing mentorship and guidance to Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belts.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed.
- Format: Online
- Dates: Enroll Anytime
- Time: 12 month window to complete
- Hours: 70 Hours-PDUs/7.0 CEUs
- Sessions: -
- Fee: $5,135
- Location: Online
Six Sigma Black Belt Online
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage advanced Six Sigma projects and to actively lead organization-wide improvement efforts. In addition, Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma certifications include Lean components. Six Sigma's focus on quality complements Lean techniques focused on efficiencies; and, when combined, these skills promote business and operational excellence.
Six Sigma Black Belts will be able to utilize statistical analysis software to advance organizational cost reduction and quality improvement efforts and be uniquely prepared to lead Six Sigma Green Belts, Yellow Belts and other team members on process improvement projects.
Participants who enroll in the Six Sigma Black Belt certification program will learn how to:
- Define projects for Green Belts
- Become actively involved in organizational change
- Utilize statistical analysis software - (Minitab - can be ordered as an additional product at time of program registration).
- Mentor and guide Green Belts
- Manage advanced Six Sigma projects
Instuctional Method and Format
- Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt;
- Convenient online, instructor-led program (interactive online presentations, videos, and virtual coursework);
- Your instructor is available for guidance, discussions, and to provide feedback on course work throughout the duration of the course;
- Lecture-based lessons that can be completed at any time;
- Each lesson has an assignment, deliverable, or quiz associated with it;
- Many assignments require the participation with other students in discussions on the Discussion Board. The ability to look at and discuss the work of others is one of the value-added portions of this online course;
- Identification, approval, and completion of a relevant Black Belt project from inception to implementation is required;
- Students who are unable to plan and execute a real-world improvement project may request to complete the assignments in the second portion of the online course by analyzing a comprehensive Case Study. Such requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Asst. Director Corporate Training & Talent Development
phone: (561) 297-4819
map: Bldg. 103, SF 129