Six Sigma Black Belt (Online)
Six Sigma Black Belt (Online)
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Black Belts are able to initiate and lead defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization while providing mentorship and guidance to Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belts.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed.
70 Hours - PDUs
12 month window to complete
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage advanced Six Sigma projects and to actively lead organization-wide improvement efforts.
In addition, Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma certifications include Lean components. Six Sigma's focus on quality complements Lean techniques focused on efficiencies; and, when combined, these skills promote business and operational excellence.
Six Sigma Black Belts will be able to utilize statistical analysis software to advance organizational cost reduction and quality improvement efforts and be uniquely prepared to lead Six Sigma Green Belts, Yellow Belts and other team members on process improvement projects.
Participants who enroll in the Six Sigma Black Belt certification program will learn how to:
- Define projects for Green Belts
- Become actively involved in organizational change
- Utilize statistical analysis software (Minitab - can be ordered as an additional product at time of program registration)
- Mentor and guide Green Belts
- Manage advanced Six Sigma projects
Candidates for this class include:
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Programmers/Systems analysts
- Team members who will participate in improvement projects
- Business Analysts
- Operations Managers
- Implementing Six Sigma — Second Edition, by Forrest W. Breyfogle III, ISBN: 978-0-471-26572-6
- The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook, by Michael L. George, David Rowlands, Mark Price, John Maxey, ISBN: 978-0-07-144119-3
NOTE: The textbooks are provided with student tuition; pending registration date, books will be shipped in a timely manner for program start (reading assignments will begin with the first lesson). FAU is not responsible for delayed arrival of books due to import restrictions.*
- Course materials are downloadable
- Presentations, Lessons, and Assignments
* International Shipping Fees May Apply.
- Participants must have or are required to purchase the latest version of Minitab and Minitab Workspace software (you may purchase Minitab directly from a software vendor or as part of your registration for the program).
Participants must have access to the following while going through the online course:
- Scientific calculator capable of powers, roots, and logs; or calculator-based software that will perform these functions
- A computer/laptop/tablet with Microsoft Excel is required, along with the necessary password/authority to load software. NOTE: Your device must meet the system requirements for SigmaXL as well as the requirements for accessing the online learning management system: Canvas
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Data on real-life problems and performance measures
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Certification Programs are aligned with the recommendations of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), the International Society of Six Sigma Professionals (ISSSP), the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and the Ohio State University Center for Operational Excellence, and seamlessly integrates Six Sigma, Project Management, and Lean Enterprise improvement methodologies
Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education division is approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
Professional Development Units
All programs will generate Continuing Education/Professional Development Units (CEU/PDU) credits that may be applied toward receiving and maintaining The Project Management Institute's (PMI) credentials.
Dave McSherry, BSBA Degree Finance, LSSBB, ISO 9000 auditor, has over 35 years of experience in Business Management. Presently, Chief Operating Officer for a Miami based Not for Profit organization.
Former Global Director of Operational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma) for a Fortune 500 Corporation. Held positions as COO, CFO, Director and Plant Manager. Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Taught and mentored numerous Master Black Belts, Black Belts and Green Belts. Past guest speaker for TLMI and Six Sigma & Process Excellence Conferences.
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Six Sigma Black Belt (Online)
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.