Six Sigma Green Belt (Online)
Six Sigma Green Belt (Online)
Six Sigma is an integrated, disciplined, and proven approach for improving business performance, providing tangible business results and savings. Six Sigma Green Belts are able to participate in and deliver defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout an organization.
If you are pursuing a career which aids businesses in improving production and minimizes inefficiencies from every product, process, and customer transaction, Six Sigma certification will ensure that you have the knowledge and credential to succeed.
As a busy professional, you're concerned with maintaining the balance between your work, your life, and your desire to learn and advance within your career. With Florida Atlantic University's Online Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training, you can keep that balance in place. We bring the course to your desktop, providing knowledge on demand and at your convenience.
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Green Belt certification program introduces participants to enhanced problem-solving skills, using the 'DMAIC' (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) model, and provides the knowledge and skills needed to form and facilitate Six Sigma teams and manage Six Sigma projects. In addition, Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma certifications include Lean components. Six Sigma's focus on quality complements Lean techniques focused on efficiencies; and, when combined, these skills promote business and operational excellence.
May 24 - Aug. 24, 2024
35 Hours - PDUs
3 month window to complete
$2,625 **EARLY BIRD: Register by Mar. 31, 2024 and pay only $2,362.50!
Earning your Green Belt Certification from Florida Atlantic University is a proven way to maximize your performance, earn the respect of others and achieve greater professional success in any industry.
Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, our program is designed to provide a high-level understanding of the Six Sigma improvement model, concepts, and language, focusing on the 'Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control methodology' by use of case studies and examples drawn from service, business processes, and practical applications.
After taking this program and earning your Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, you will be able to contribute to defined Six Sigma projects, and implement quality initiatives throughout any organization.
Participants will learn how to apply statistical methods and the DMAIC model for business process improvements as well as how to:
- Communicate business strategy across the organization
- Integrate with Lean Manufacturing, TOC, & other improvement methods
- Apply the 'DMAIC' model for improvement to current projects
- Select successful Six Sigma projects and project teams
Candidates for this class include:
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Programmers/Systems analysts
- Team members who will participate in improvement projects
- Candidates who wish to earn the Green Belt Certification and who are seeking to continue on for the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Recommended: The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook by Michael L. George, David Rowlands, Mark Price, John Maxey, ISBN: 978-0-07-144119-3
- Course Materials
- Presentations, Lessons, and Assignments are downloadable
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint ) required
NOTE: Materials are accessed online through Canvas.
- Taught by a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Convenient online, instructor-led program
- Lecture-based lessons that are set according to a pre-specified schedule
- Comprehensive case study analysis
- Each lesson has an assignment, deliverable, or quiz associated with it
- Access to materials is convenient and available online 24/7
- Successful completion of all lessons and a comprehensive 100-question exam with a grade of 80% or above will result in participants' certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt
- For this course, you should plan on submitting assignments as directed each week. This will allow time for instructor feedback and resubmission of any assignments that were not acceptable, as well as time to prepare for and complete the program. In an online course, unlike the traditional classroom setting, you must be responsible for controlling the pace of your own activities.
- If your assignments and submissions do not keep pace with the required timeframe, you may be at risk of forfeiting your tuition and ability to complete the program.
- Any delays in your submissions must be clearly communicated and acknowledged by the instructor in order to allow you additional time for completion of the course beyond the allotted window.
Florida Atlantic University's Six Sigma Certification Programs are aligned with the recommendations of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), the International Society of Six Sigma Professionals (ISSSP), the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and the Ohio State University Center for Operational Excellence, and seamlessly integrates Six Sigma, Project Management, and Lean Enterprise improvement methodologies
Florida Atlantic University's Executive Education division is approved by The Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
Professional Development Units
All programs will generate Continuing Education/Professional Development Units (CEU/PDU) credits that may be applied toward receiving and maintaining The Project Management Institute's (PMI) credentials.
Jerry Bridgewater, (BSEE, BSBA, AS, AMT, LSS MBB) has more than 20 years of experience in Lean and Six Sigma Implementations in the manufacturing industry. He has also implemented and performed numerous Employee Development training sessions.
He has worked globally, and has extensive experience in high-quality plant operations, labor relations, quality control, resolving customer conflicts, safety, and engineering. He has a proven track record of consistent contributions to increase production, quality, cost effectiveness, and profitability.
He has worked in leadership roles in a number of industries such as: Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Industrial, and Construction. He has worked on Project Implementations with organizations such as: Motorola, Delphi Automotive, Tyco, Abbott Laboratories, and H B Fuller Company.
Jerry’s practical and hands on teaching skills allow him to blend his diverse experience from the different industries with sessions in the classroom. He is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
REQUEST INFORMATION NOW
FAU Executive Education - Six Sigma Green Belt (Online)
By providing your information, you consent to receive communications by phone and
email including via automated technology from Florida Atlantic University.
You may also choose to opt into text messaging.