Six Sigma Master Black Belt (Online) – Program Requirements
Candidates for the Six Sigma Master Black Belt certificate must be:
- Previously certified as a Six Sigma Black Belt prior to enrolling for this course (or) must complete the FAU Six Sigma Black Belt training program prior to enrolling in this course.
- Have held the Six Sigma Black Belt certification for 6 months or longer.
- Have completed at least two projects as a certified Black Belt prior to enrolling in the Master Black Belt program. You will be required to show evidence of these items prior to approval and admission into the program.
- Equipped with strong math skills.
- Comfortable with implementing statistical analysis.
- Candidates are expected to have the following high-school level math skills when they
enter the program:
- Basic algebra (solving simple equations, cross multiplication)
- Powers, roots, logs
- Equation for a line (slope and y intercept)
- Proportions, percentages
- Area under a curve
- Candidates are required to utilize statistical analysis software, and will be required
to learn about and apply:
- Conditional and joint probability
- Probability density functions and probability distributions
- Descriptive statistics:
- Mean, median, mode, standard deviation, variance, standard error of the mean
- Applied statistics:
- Hypothesis testing, correlation analysis, regression analysis, analysis of variance (ANOVA), confidence intervals, Central Limit Theorem, Design of Experiments
- *International Candidates* are expected to exhibit mastery of both written and verbal English.
- Format: Online
- Dates: Enroll Anytime
- Time: 6 month window to complete
- Hours: 50 Hours-PDUs / 5.0 CEUs
- Sessions: -
- Fee: $2,595
- Location: Online
Participants must have access to the following while going through the online course:
- Scientific calculator capable of powers, roots, and logs; or calculator-based software that will perform these functions
- A computer/laptop/tablet with Microsoft Excel is required, along with the necessary password/authority to load software. NOTE:Your device must meet the system requirements for the MINITAB software as well as the requirements for accessing the online learning management system: Canvas
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please refer to www.minitab.com for system requirements for the current version of Minitab and Minitab Workspace software
- Participants must have or are required to purchase the latest version of Minitab and Minitab Workspace software (you may purchase Minitab directly from a software vendor or as part of your registration for the program).
- Participants are permitted six (6) months to complete this course, starting from the date that you are enrolled and receive your course materials. The ONLY way that you will be successful in this course is to develop a plan for how many submissions you will make each week and then stick to the plan.
- For this course, you should plan on submitting a MINIMUM of three assignments each week. This will allow time for instructor feedback and resubmission of any assignments that were not acceptable, as well as time to prepare for and complete the program. In an online course, unlike the traditional classroom setting, you must be responsible for controlling the pace of your own activities.
- If your assignments and submissions do not keep pace with the required timeframe, you may be at risk of forfeiting your tuition and ability to complete the program.
- Any delays in your submissions must be clearly communicated and acknowledged by the instructor in order to allow you additional time for completion of the course beyond the standard six months.
Six Sigma Master Black Belt Online
Asst. Director Corporate Training & Talent Development
phone: (561) 297-4819
map: Bldg. 103, SF 129