MBA in Sport Management (MBA Sport)
Going Beyond the Business of Sport - On Campus or Fully Online MBA Sport Program
Florida’s original AACSB-accredited MBA and ranked No. 11 worldwide for 2022 by SportBusiness - Sport Management degree program is offered both through on-campus classes in Boca Raton, Florida and online classes that can be taken from anywhere in the world.
The Florida Atlantic University (FAU) MBA - Sport Management degree program is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally, and ethically sound.
The MBA in Sport Management at Florida Atlantic University began its first full year of operation in August, 2000 with the hiring of its first full-time Director, Jim Riordan. Now, Dan Cornely leads the MBA in Sport Management program. Prior to taking over, he worked closely with former Director Dr. Riordan to help increase the job placement rate of the Sport Management students. Since its inception, most of the program's graduates are employed in permanent, and/or full-time sport and/or entertainment industry positions.
The MBA in Sport Management On-Campus program begins fall and spring semester at the Boca Raton Campus, Tuesday and Thursday nights.
The MBA in Sport Management Online program begins each fall and spring semester.
Program Start Dates
Boca Raton Campus:
- Spring 2024 on-campus program starts: Tuesday, January 9, 2024
- Spring 2024 online program starts: Saturday, January 6, 2024
MBA in Sport Management at a Glance...
The MBA in Sport Management degree program combines a superior, rigorous graduate business curriculum with a specialization module that emphasizes the business of sport. Classes are offered both on-campus in Boca Raton, Florida and online. The program is practitioner oriented and students will be expected to participate in out-of-classroom practical experiences at local and regional sport and/or entertainment entities. Please make note of the following guidelines regarding Florida Atlantic University's MBA in Sport Management program:
- MBA in Sport Management students may not be employed outside of the sport industry during their tenure in the program.
- Students taking classes on-campus must be continually employed or involved with internships throughout their tenure in the program. Students enrolled in the online version of the program are ENCOURAGED BUT NOT REQUIRED to work full-time, part-time or have a current internship. The value of the MBA in Sport Management degree will increase and the overall MBA experience will be enhanced if the student is involved with the industry on a practical and applied basis. All internships and sport-related employment are subject for approval by the program director. (Based on the current global pandemic, our team will work with students regarding the internship requirement on a case-by-case basis.)
- MBA in Sport Management does not offer a thesis/track option.
- Sport management courses are only available to MBA in Sport Management students.
- Students must be able to have full-time access to the Internet via a home or wireless connection.
See what our students and alumni are up to in our latest MBA in Sport Management newsletter.
The mission of this program is the training and development of individuals who possess the ability to undertake and complete the rigors of a high-quality, graduate-level business program, for a career in the management and administration of the sport industry. Practical application of learned classroom knowledge is required and will be attained through internship and practical experiences during and after the students’ classroom tenure at FAU.
The primary objective of the FAU MBA in Sport Management is to train and develop the Sport executive and administrator of the 21st century. A means of attaining that goal will be the instilling of basic and advanced theories and techniques in the disciplines of management, marketing, finance, economics, and accounting. The FAU MBA in Sport Management is committed to producing top-notch managers and executives who are practitioner-oriented and are educationally, professionally and ethically sound.
While the Florida Atlantic University men's basketball team continues to enjoy the spotlight after its historic Final Four run, other departments on campus are also basking in the glow.
FAU Football Radio Network 2022 Interview with Dan Cornely, M.A.E.
FOX Sports college football reporter and host Jenny Taft is one of more than a dozen media personalities and sports executives speaking virtually to two classes this summer in Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business.
What's Happening @FAUbusiness Podcast Interview with MBASport '18 Alum Hunter Greer
ESPN 106.3 FM Interview with Nick Salerno
For updates on the university’s COVID-19 policies, please visit here.