Traditional MBA Application Process
Applications to Florida Atlantic University’s Traditional MBA program undergo a dual review process; both the University Admissions Office as well as the College of Business Admissions Office reviews applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant's professional and academic background.
The entire Traditional MBA application process is accomplished in three steps.
Please read the steps below before starting the application process and contact us with any questions.
1) Graduate Application with application documents
2) Proof of Immunization - FAU Immunization Form and Immunization Records
3) Proof of Florida Residency Documents
- Step 1 - application is REQUIRED for admission to the University.
- Step 2 - Proof of Immunization is REQUIRED and should be completed as soon as possible to remove any registration hold.
- Step 3 - Proof of Florida Residency is REQUIRED to be eligible for the Florida tuition rate; documents can be submitted after admission is complete.
Step 1 - Graduate Application
Official Transcript(s) or Official Transcript Evaluations
Send to: FAU Graduate College • 777 Glades Road • SU 80 Room 101 • Boca Raton, FL
Official transcripts are REQUIRED for ALL colleges and universities listed on your bachelor's degree transcript.
Transcript Evaluation and Translation
A transcript evaluation and translation to English is required if your bachelor's degree is from outside the U.S. Florida Atlantic University evaluates foreign credentials internally. However, the applicant may choose to use a NACES member organization. Click here for more information on transcript evaluation.
Official GMAT or GRE Exam Score
The GMAT or GRE exam - taken within the last 5 years - is required for all students - domestic and international. The exam may be waived with proof of an advanced degree from a regionally accredited academic institution.
- FAU's school code for the GMAT is 9LX.
- FAU's school code for the GRE is 5229.
Official TOEFL or IELTS Score
The TOEFL or IELTS exam is required for international students and non-native English speakers*.
The minimum university requirement for TOEFL is 79 (Internet Based Test). The minimum
university requirement for IELTS is a band score of 6.0.
FAU's school code for the TOEFL is 5229.
*Non-Native speakers of English are not required to submit proof of English language proficiency if they meet one of the following:
- Completion of at least three years of secondary education from a high school based in the United States or abroad with full curriculum of instruction in English.
- Completion of at least three years of secondary education from a high school based in a country where English is the majority native-speaking language, or where English is the primary language of instruction starting in the primary grades.
- Completion of at least sixty (60) post-secondary credits or an associate degree or higher from a U.S. regionally accredited postsecondary institution or from a recognized post-secondary institution abroad with full curriculum of instruction in English.
Step 2 - FAU Immunization Form and Records
IMPORTANT: Up to date immunization records must be on file in the FAU Student Health
Services Office in order to remove the registration hold placed on your account. YOU
WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER until the registration hold has been removed.
Click on FAU Immunization Form and Records to read about immunization requirements and to access the required immunization form.
FAU graduates should contact the Student Health Services Office at the number below to confirm that your records are up to date.
The FAU immunization form and records can be sent by either fax or mail from the applicant, the applicants physician or former academic institution to:
Florida Atlantic University - Student Health Services - Immunization Office
777 Glades Road, Bldg. SU 80, Rm. 114
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Office (561) 297-0049 Fax (561) 297-2769
Step 3 - Florida Residency Documents
After admission is complete, applicants will be prompted by the residency officer for proof of Florida residency documents in addition to the documents already submitted with the Graduate Application (FL driver's license, FL vehicle registration, FL voter registration).
For proof of Florida residency information, click on Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes.