Career Outlook - Healthcare Information Systems
Overview of Career Outlook
Job Prospects for Healthcare Information Systems Minor and Certificate Holders
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the "employment of health information technicians is projected to grow 15 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations."
- Clinical systems analysts are computer systems analysts that manage computer information systems in hospitals or clinics. The median salary for these professionals in 2014 was $82,710, and the projected job growth from 2014-2024 is 21% according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Jobs in High Demand in Healthcare Information Systems
- Healthcare systems analyst
- Health information technician
- Clinical systems analyst
- Business analyst
- Health/Nursing informatics specialist
- Medical records specialist
- Information systems analyst
- Chief Medical Information Officer
Existing Professions Benefiting from Skills in Healthcare Information Systems
- Healthcare administration
- Biomedical sciences
- Actuarial science
- Information technology
- Management information systems
- Our graduates are among the most versatile and mobile professionals, transferrable among industries and locations.
- Graduates of our programs have been placed in some of the top firms in the country including Microsoft, Citrix, and Office Depot
- To see the recent job placement of our graduates, visit our "Where are they now?" page
- To learn more about our graduates and hear their success stories, visit our Graduates page